- theater rental
- about us
- company log in
Our Home (The Theatre Building)
The WorkShop makes its home in The Theater Building in the heart of the new mid-town Theater District. The WorkShop has two lovely theaters: our modular 33 seat Jewel Box and the 65 seat Main Stage Theater, which showcases some of our best scripts in full productions.
Both theaters are fully equipped with lighting packages, central air-conditioning, comfortable seating, dressing rooms and front-of-house amenities and are available for rental by outside groups.
Directions to The WorkShop
Our Street Address:
312 West 36th Street
Fourth Floor East
New York, NY 10018
(between 8th and 9th Avenues, on the south/downtown side of the street, a.k.a The Theatre Building)
(212) 695-4173 (office)
(212) 695-3384 (fax)
The Theatre Building is easily accessible in Mid-Town Manhattan via Public Transportation.
Subway and Buses:
1, 2, 3, 7, A, C, E, N, R, Q, W to 34th and/or 42nd Street Stations (Penn Station or Times Square)
Buses run North/South on all nearby Avenues and Streets.
Nearest cross-town bus runs East/West on 34th Street.
From outside the five boroughs:
- New Jersey Transit or Amtrak to Penn Station
- New Jersey Transit to Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station
- Metro North Rail Road to Grand Central Station, then by Bus or Subway (see above).
- By Car - there are several parking garages available in close vicinity to the WorkShop theaters, including a few on the same block. Please be very careful to obey New York City Department of Transporation parking signs when parking on the street.