- theater rental
- about us
- company log in
The Development Process
The WorkShop Theater Company is a vital resource for artists and audiences to explore new works. From staged readings to polished productions, over 170 professional playwrights, actors and directors are given the tools of our development process to bring their works to life. You're not just an audience member at the WorkShop; you're a part of the development process.
- MONDAY NIGHT WRITERS NIGHT: Our regular in-house meeting where writers, actors and directors first collaborate on brand new scenes and plays.
- SUNDAYS@SIX READING SERIES: Audiences join our process by sharing their observations and opinions with the playwright in a moderated talk-back following a free reading of a new or revisited play.
- STAGED READING SERIES: Promising new plays are rehearsed, refined and read with minimal staging before an audience.
- PLAY-IN-PROCESS (PIP): A two week production of an advanced play, modestly staged and performed off-book for the first time.
- MAIN STAGE SHOWCASE PRODUCTION: A fully staged production of our most advanced work with a 4-week run, full technical support and publicity to launch it to regional theaters, film, Broadway or beyond!
Click the links below to find out more about the hard-working executives, volunteers and artists who make up the WorkShop Theater Company.
- Board & Staff
- Staff Biographies
- Our Partners in development
- Our members - writers, actors, directors and other artists
- Are you a theatrical artist? Find out about how you might be able to join our company
- Or if you just want to stay in touch, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, What's Up at the WorkShop
- The WorkShop Thanks Its Supporters